Well, I got a few people missed earlier today on how to disable the backup of the iPhone on Mac computers only. Here is how you disable the backup on Windows machines. Mind you the Windows way is a little more klunkier.
- Locate your iTunesPrefs.xml file. Itâ€™s usually located in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes or C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes.
Hint: If the folder Application Data does not show up, make sure that hidden files are visible in the Windows Explorer
- Backup your iTunesPrefs.xml file
- Open iTunesPrefs.xml using a text-editor
- Search for a section called User Preferences and paste the following snipped into the User Preferences Section after the first <dict>:
- Save the file and restart iTunes. Backups should now be disabled. To enable backups again delete the XML Snippet from iTunesPrefs.xml file.